A Guide to Choosing the Perfect Design for Your Mineral Swimming Pool
Picture this: It's a scorching hot day and the sun is beating down on you. What could be more refreshing than a dip in your very own swimming pool? But before you take the plunge, it's important to consider which type of pool will work best for your family's needs.
When it comes to creating the ultimate backyard oasis, a mineral pool is a luxurious and health-conscious option that more and more families are opting for. But with so many designs and features to choose from, it can be tough to know where to start. Whether you're dreaming of a peaceful retreat to unwind after a long day or a place for your kids to splash and play, the right mineral swimming pool design can make all the difference.
In this article, we'll explore the different swimming pool design options available and how they can impact your overall swimming experience. Let’s dive in!
Important Factors to Consider When Designing Your Pool
From size and shape to features and finishes, there are a multitude of factors to consider when selecting the perfect pool design. For example, if you have young children, a shallow wading pool with a gradual slope may be the safest option. If you enjoy swimming laps or exercising in the pool, a lap pool with a more streamlined design may be a better fit. In short, the perfect swimming pool for you will depend on your unique needs and preferences. However, there are some key factors to consider that can help guide your decision-making process. Let’s look at them!
1. Location: First things first when considering the design of your swimming pool: Where is it going to be located? If you love to bask in the sunshine and feel the warmth of the outdoors while you swim, an outdoor pool might be the perfect fit for you. If you're worried about rainy days on the other hand and want to be able to swim year-round, an indoor pool might be the better choice.
2. Size and shape: The size and shape of your swimming pool will depend on your available space, budget, and how you plan to use it. A larger pool may be better for hosting parties and family gatherings, while a smaller pool may be more appropriate for relaxation and exercise.
3. Depth: The depth of your swimming pool will also depend on your preferences and how you plan to use it. A shallow pool may be better for children and non-swimmers, while a deeper pool may be ideal for diving and playing games.
4. Features: From waterfalls and fountains to lighting and heating systems, the features you choose can enhance the aesthetic, visual appeal, and functionality of your swimming pool. Consider what features are important to you and your family.
5. Materials and Finishes: The materials and finishes you choose can affect the durability, maintenance, and overall look of your swimming pool ━ you might want to consider options such as tile, concrete, and natural stone.
6. Cost: Of course, cost is always a consideration when it comes to any home improvement project! Be sure to factor in the cost of installation, maintenance, and any additional features or accessories you may want.
In addition to the design of the pool itself, there are other factors to consider when planning your pool, such as the surrounding decking and landscaping. For example, if you plan to use your swimming pool for entertainment purposes, a spacious pool deck with plenty of seating and shade can make your pool area more inviting. If you live in a hot, sunny climate, planting trees or adding a pergola can provide natural shade and help regulate the temperature around the pool!
Types of Swimming Pools:
Okay, so you've thought about where your pool is going to be and how you plan to use it. Now it's time to dive into the different types of swimming pools available to you! There are plenty of options to choose from, but let’s start with some of the common types!
Inground Pools: An inground swimming pool can be made of a variety of materials, including concrete, fiberglass, or vinyl. They're sleek, stylish, and built right into the ground, making them a permanent fixture in your backyard oasis. They also come in a range of shapes and sizes and can be customized to fit any backyard or community space.
Above-ground Pools: Looking for a summer splash without breaking the bank? Above-ground pools are the way to go. These pools typically have a circular or oval shape and can be easily assembled and disassembled, making them a great option for those who want a temporary pool during the summer months!
Lap Pools: If you're serious about your swimming game, a lap pool is where it's at. These long, narrow pools are typically 25 meters in length and can be either inground or above-ground. They’re perfect for doing laps or training, and they'll make you feel like you're a world-class swimmer (even if you're just splashing around).
Infinity Pools: Feeling fancy? Infinity pools are the epitome of backyard luxury. These stunning pools are typically built on a sloped surface and have one or more edges that spill over into a catch basin or lower pool. This creates the illusion of water extending into the horizon and they’re perfect for anyone who wants to feel like they're swimming in the clouds!
Styles of Swimming Pools
Now that you’ve dipped your toes into the different types of swimming pools out there, let’s talk about aesthetics because let's face it, when it comes to pools, looks matter (plus you don't want to be stuck with a swimming pool that's an eyesore in your backyard). The style of your pool can really make a difference in how it looks and feels. Whether you prefer a modern and sleek design, or a more classic and elegant look, there are plenty of options out there. Here are some popular ones:
Traditional pools: Think classic and timeless. These pools are rectangular in shape and typically have a clean and simple design. They're perfect for those who prefer a more formal and traditional look for their backyard oasis.
Freeform pools: This swimming pool is all about embracing nature and creating a more organic look. Freeform pools have a curvy and irregular shape that mimics the look of a natural pond or lake. They're great for those who want a more relaxed and natural vibe in their backyard.
Geometric pools: If you're a fan of straight lines and modern design, then a geometric pool design might be for you. These pools have sharp angles and a minimalist aesthetic that gives them a sleek and contemporary feel. They're perfect for those who want a pool that looks like a work of art.
Mediterranean pools: Picture yourself lounging on a sun-soaked patio in the south of France, sipping on a cool drink while overlooking the shimmering blue waters of the Mediterranean. That's the vibe you'll get with a Mediterranean swimming pool. These pools often have a more ornate design with features like fountains, tiles, and arches. They're great for those who want to bring a touch of European elegance to their backyard!
Top 5 Trends in Swimming Pool Designs:
If you thought choosing the right type and style of swimming pool was all it took to create the ultimate backyard oasis, think again! Just like everything else, the world of swimming pool design is constantly evolving and changing with the times.
Gone are the days when swimming pools were just rectangular slabs of blue hidden away in a corner. Nowadays, pools are a whole lot more! From stunning water features to luxurious lounging areas, swimming pools are becoming the ultimate statement piece in any backyard. So, whether you’re looking to renovate your existing pool or finding inspiration for a new one, here’s 5 top swimming pool design trends to look out for in 2023!
1. Eco-Friendly Pools: Sustainability is the name of the game in 2023. From solar-powered heating to natural filtration systems, eco-friendly pools are making a big splash. You can swim guilt-free knowing that you're helping to save the planet, one lap at a time!
2. Mineral Pools: Mineral pools have been around for a while but are now more popular than ever! They offer therapeutic and eco-friendly benefits and are gentler on the skin and hair compared to traditional chlorine pools. It's like having a mineral spa in your own backyard! What more can you ask for?
3. Vanishing Edges: Say goodbye to boring rectangular pools and hello to the vanishing edge! Infinity edge pools continue to be a popular trend in 2023 and are one of the most popular luxury options out there for swimming pool designs! They’re much loved for their glamorous aesthetic and lavish beauty.
4. Dark Interior Finishes: Dark interior finishes are a pool design trend that’s here to stay. These finishes give the swimming pool a more natural look and make the water appear more inviting. Dark finishes can also absorb more heat, which can help to warm the water on cooler days.
5. Smart Tech: Who doesn't love convenience? With a smart swimming pool, you can control and monitor everything from the temperature to the lighting, all from the palm of your hand. And let's not forget about energy efficiency ━smart pools are designed to save you money on your utility bills by using less energy With so many benefits, it’s no surprise that smart pools are on the rise!
Start Designing Your Dream Pool Today with Mineral Swim!
When it comes to pool design, the options are endless. From infinity pools to lap pools, and everything in between, it can be overwhelming to choose the perfect one for your backyard. But don't worry, you don't have to go diving into the deep end alone!
Maytronics Mineral Swim™ has got back - our team of expert partners, our Maytronics certified Elite Builders, can help you navigate the choppy waters of pool designs! So, if you're ready to make a splash, contact us today and let's get started!